Calling all youth from the ages of 9-14: if you love hockey, here is an event of a lifetime! Get to know new people, play with old friends, try to win prizes and play hockey outside. The community of Chinatown would like to invite you to join in the 1st EVER Game On: Chinatown Youth Street Hockey Tournament.
Sunday, August 8, 2010, 12-6 pm | 500 block of Carrall Street
(Between Pender and Keefer Street)
Now, imagine yourself running through Carrall Street, passing the Chinese Cultural Center and various locations of history with friends and strangers with the sun warm on your face as you play hockey. The opportunity to play street hockey on a street like this would be near impossible any other time; however, for this event, the street is closed off from traffic as various teams from around the city come to play.
This event is sponsered by ScotiaBank and presented by the VCRC, Mah Society of Vancouver and Chinatown Next. Together they hope to foster new friendships, union and vibrancy in the historic Chinatown community. With a goal this big, this co-ed game will be MASSIVE!
What Do You Need to Know?
- Make and Register Your Team: You must have 5-8 players per team, including a goalie. When you are ready, email: email@example.com for your registration sheet.
- Play: Each Division will play two games in one’s own division for a total of 8 games that will determine the scores. Games will start with two, 10 minute halves, and later move to 15 minute halves. Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 4 games.
Equipment and Clothing:
- What You Should Prepare (recommended):
- Similar coloured shirts for your team
- Protective gear: helmets, face cages, gloves, shin pads
- MUST: Runners (no open-toed sandals or rollerblades)
- Hockey sticks
- Goalie’s equipment (with advance notice)
- Medals for the top four teams
- One championship prize for the final winning team.
Register Teams : firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know how it goes! Have a blast!